VERTICAL V SERIES //
The pumps of our Intercal - V Series, are vertical centrifugal, of a single stage with axial suction and radial discharge, submersible hydraulic and motor surface. The whole pump is assembled with a base plate and discharge pipe.
Its vertical design allows the hydraulic dip in tanks, wells, deposits and the PS and PX open impellers empowers them to make the pumping of viscous liquids and loaded with solids.
The pump body is provided with registration cap for inspection and cleaning.
We manufacture them in different cast iron materials such as: Grey GG25, nodular GGG-40, Carbon steel, Brass, or Hasteloy and Stainless Steel AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L and AISI 904L.
INSTALLATION AND ASSEMBLY
1.- PUMP WORKING IN CLOSED CIRCUIT (Scheme 1):
In this case the level of the liquid is kept constant.
- The assembly of the pump, particularly the settlement of the fixing base of the group should be provided so that the level of the liquid varies between levels B (150) and A (240) to:
a) Not flood the bearings.
b) Keep the pump cable glands immersed and this way avoid air inlets.
- In general, an overflow flush with the level B ensures non immersion of the bearings.
- A sleeve with a sieve can be used in suction in order to avoid strange particles from entering the pump body. (This assembly is not necessary; it is a safety, except in cases where the suction must be in the lower layers of the liquid).
2. - PUMP WORKING IN VACUUM
(Collection well, for example, Scheme 2):
The automatic operation of the group is secured by a float switch. Its timing is as follows:
a) Level B (150) maximum liquid level so that the pump is loaded.
Never descend past level A (240).
b) Level C, minimum level corresponding to the depth of the tank or of the well.
c) Level A in the VEL Series will depend on the shank level. As the 300 m/m level of the vertical bearing is standard, a sleeve of a length equal to the height of the tank and a sieve must be assembled, the latter being approximately 0,30 meters from the bottom.
- Respect the values given above, so that the pump is full of liquid before the verification of the engine sense of rotation.
- Check the sense of rotation, which is indicated by an arrow located on the motor support sleeve.
- Start the pump, with the discharge valve closed, if it exists in the installation.
- Check that the pump sucks.
- Check with the help of an amperimeter that the intensity supported by the engine, which is written on its plate, does not exceed. A motor overload would lead to its rapid deterioration.
1.- Pump Bearings:
Greasing: All our pumps supply with their bearings, protected by an initial load of grease, 2.000 hours of operation. The periodic renewal of the grease will be done through a grease nipple that the bearings carry (1/4 turn for 200 hours of operation). It should be noted that this renewal, a relatively small amount is enough, and avoid overfilling the cavity. Keep in mind that all excess grease is bad for the ball bearings, and produces abnormal heating.
2. - Cable glands: This being immersed (always in startup) it is not necessary to make periodic changes. Back to do at the time of the review of the material. Do it again at the time of the revision of the material.
3. - Engine: Stick to the manufacturer's instructions.